Ways to encourage reading the Constitution:
~Use as a supplement to the school curriculum.
~Acquaint preschool children with the symbols and visuals of our rich American history.
~Home schooling moms can make worksheets and use the information as an educational tool.
~Conservative teachers who would like to have additional teaching materials.
~Groups such as Scouts looking for information and educational resources.
- The Tuttle Twins Meet Ethan and Emily! Your child will learn about liberty alongside the Tuttle Twins!
- Homeschool Mom has some great resources for Presidents Day, Elections, and the Constitution.
- Constitution in the Classroom Constitution in the Classroom brings ACS members into primary and secondary classrooms to raise awareness of fundamental constitutional principles. As lawyers, law students and educators we have a resource that we can share with students: our knowledge and appreciation of the Constitution. By spending as little as one hour teaching in a high school, middle school or elementary school classroom, you can excite young minds about their constitutional rights and responsibilities.
- Learning the Law: Studying the Bill of Rights -From our friends “Mr. Bill Jackson and his awesome class”
- Easy Lesson on the Constitution PDF E-Book In honor of Constitution Day today, we bring you this classic teacher’s guide that presents 25 excellent lesson plans to study the United States Constitution, perfect for homeschool use! This is a complete and very well done vintage curriculum – Highly Recommended! wholesomechild.com
- http://www.homeschoolpatriot.com/ Patriotic resources, educational materials, historical documents, and information on how you and your family can help preserve the heritage of our Founding Fathers.
- www.edhelper.com/Constitution_Day.htm Constitution Day and Constitution Week activities, puzzles, review questions, and a play.
- Constitution printable activities for kids
- Conservative children’s books: http://conservativechildrensbooks.com/ and their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conservative-Childrens-Books-com/109379982490313?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
- Coloring sheets of the Presidents
- The mission of Constituting America is utilize new and innovative means to reach, educate and inform America’s citizens and youth about the importance of the U.S. Constitution and the foundation it sets forth regarding our freedoms and rights. Janine Turner
- Mary Beth (SC) aka “Nana Patriot” has a website called KIDS ARE PATRIOTS TOO for Patriots teaching Patriots. Under Resource Links, she has links to Founding Documents and Government Websites for Kids (plus a lot more). The Founding Documents then takes you to teaching resources for the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Amendments etc.
- Constitution for Kids
Constitution quiz and other activities from Scholastic
- C-SPAN in the Classroom: Use the themes, questions and video clips to teach and learn with portions of C-SPAN’s American Writers program featuring Thomas Jefferson and the Declaration of Independence and James Madison and the U.S. Constitution
- A to Z Teacher Constitution page
- You have to register/log in to view some of the resources: http://www.crf-usa.org/constitution-day/constitution-day-lesson-plans-kindergarten-middle-and-high-school.html#.UUks7leyLoI
- Free Constitution Lapbook
- Garden of Liberty
- Libraries of Hope
- US Constitution.net
- Barney.gov White House Kids
- George Washington’s Mt. Vernon
- Re-Ratify Project Enjoy learning the Constitution through the use of inspiring object lessons, competitive games, and engaging activities! Designed for all ages, the re-Ratify Project invites each person to study the Constitution of the United States of America line by line in an active and fun way.
- The Classical Historian
History of National Holidays and perhaps activities for families, schools or groups to do:
- We have come to think of our federal holidays as nothing more than a welcomed break from our busy work schedules. Many people no longer think or maybe even know the meaning behind these monumental remembrances.
Here are six excerpts from John De Gree’s book America’s Federal Holidays, The True Story for you to incorporate into your curriculum: http://prageruniversity.com/americas-federal-holidays.php
- President’s Day http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/presidents-day
- Memorial Day http://www.usmemorialday.org
- Flag Day http://www.usflag.org/flag.day.html
- Labor Day http://www.classicalhistorian.com/current-events-blog
Fourth of July
- Independence Day coloring pages + handwriting practice and other printables: http://www.inallyoudo.net/freeprintables/printables/independence-da…
- Pledge of Allegiance, copywork sheet, coloring page, and notebooking pages: http://www.thecraftyclassroom.com/HomeschoolPrintablesNotebookingAl…
- This short ceremony is designed to help us remember what the Fourth of July is really about, and to remind ourselves how fortunate we all are to be Americans. http://www.prageruniversity.com/4th.php
- Constitutionfacts.com and the GIC (Government Information for Children – ALA GODORT) are national sponsors of the Ninth Annual U.S. Constitution Day Poster Contest for students, an international contest promoted exclusively through the Internet. To compete, the contest invites K-12 entrants (including homeschoolers) to celebrate Constitution Day (Sept. 17) by designing a poster showing how they benefited from the freedoms embodied in the U.S. Constitution.Entries must be postmarked by October 1, 2015. The first 100 entrants receive a free pocket constitution book from constitutionfacts.com, with the contest winners receiving additional prizes! To learn more, download the Poster Design Contest entry form.
- http://www.inallyoudo.net/freeprintables/printables/constitution-da…Coloring pages, writing activities, handwriting practice, and a few puzzles
- Patriotic Unit study on American Holidays